Families in Transition helps parents develop and strengthen skills needed to handle life changes due to divorce.
The course requires five hours of classroom instruction. Events are scheduled in advance and will take place at various public library locations around Lexington, KY. Please review the information on this page and the CLASSES page, then REGISTER for your classes. There is limited space and classes fill up quickly.
Attendance is mandatory for all parents with minor children and all children ages 6 - 14.
- The program is five (5) classroom hours.
- Parents will be normally assigned to separate sessions.
- A parent will never be penalized if the other parent fails to fulfill this order.
- Either parent may bring the children to FIT (assuming this does not contradict any court orders regarding contact/custody). Parents should jointly make this decision before you call to schedule your FIT session.
The fee is $75.00 per parent and only cash is accepted. Payment must be made at the first session or you will not be admitted.
- There is no fee for the children.
- If the petition for dissolution was filed in forma pauperis, the fee may be reduced on a sliding scale to as little as $25.00. Please inform the FIT Coordinator when you call to register.
- If you attend the first session, but miss the second without notification, you will be required to pay another $75.00, and begin all over again. You may reschedule any session with 48 hours notice to the FIT Coordinator.
All scheduled sessions must be completed in order to earn your Certificate of Completion.
- You will receive the signed certificate upon completion of course and full payment.
- It will be your duty to file the Certificate of Completion into the Court record.